What is Covered?
The Insurance programme that the FFSA has in place for clubs and affiliated associations covers the following areas:
Sports Injury Insurance
The Personal Accident Insurance Programme is designed to provide a uniform and basic level of cover for Sports Injury insurance for Football in Australia. It is not designed to replace the need for Private Health Insurance and/or Income Protection. We encourage you to assess these policies in line with your own individual circumstances.
· Public & Products Liability Insurance
· Professional Indemnity Insurance
· Management Liability (Directors & Officers)
For full details on what is covered please visit the website at http://www.gowgatessport.com.au/football
Who is Covered?
The plan defines the Insured as:
Football Federation Australia Limited including all Participating State Associations and Territory Governing Bodies as listed below;
Football Federation SA Inc. and all affiliated associations, member clubs and other Insured Person(s).
In addition the programme extends to provide coverage to the following Insured’s and Insured Persons;
- Any Member of the Insured, or any other person actively engaged in and appropriately registered for the purpose of playing Football
- Officials and/or Co-opted volunteers acting on behalf of the Insured
- Coaches and Referees
- Directors, Officers, Committee Members, Employees
Sports Injury Claims
- Contact Gow-Gates
- Complete the online claim notification on the website (pre-filled claim form will be sent by Sportscover)
- Obtain and complete a claim form available from Gow-Gates (or the Gow-Gates Football Insurance Website)
- Lodge the claim form with Sportscover
- Submit additional paperwork as requested
Public & Products Liability Claims, Professional Indemnity Claims and Management Liability Claims
- Contact Gow-Gates immediately to notify of any potential claim
- DO NOT admit liability under any circumstances
- Early notification and early intervention is critical
All clubs have a responsibility to ensure that they provide a safe environment for all participants. Clubs need to ensure that the following three areas are taken into consideration when risk assessing:
- Playing Surface
- Surrounding areas within the venue
For more information relating to risk management please visit the website at