The Football Federation SA Goalkeeping Program was established in 2006.
It is overseen by the FFSA Goalkeeping Manager. The program is part of the FFSA’s long term development plan for Junior / Youth Goalkeepers in South Australia.
The purpose of the program is to provide a pathway for talented Junior/Youth Goalkeepers in South Australia from State Development Squads through to the National Training Centre Squad (NTC).
It is the objective of the program to develop Goalkeepers for the Qantas Joeys and the AIS. The pathway also aims to develop Goalkeepers to be ready for the National Youth League, National Premier League clubs & National State League clubs.
FUNdamental Goalkeeping Program 2017
In 2017 the program will consist of 2 blocks of 8 x one hour sessions.
• Football Federation South Australia’s FUNdamental Goalkeeping program is for boys and girls aged 9,10 & 11 interested in having fun while developing the foundation skills, movements and attributes of a Goalkeeper.
• The aim of Goalkeeping FUNdamental program is to stimulate an enjoyment for Goalkeeping while preparing young Goalkeepers skills for Coaching Programs within the elite pathway from Under 12 to Under 15 age groups.
• In 2017 the first block of the program will commence on April 22nd at 9am-10am at The Parks Football Centre, Cowan Street, Angle Park.
• Ongoing venues & times will be either the Shores or The Parks, these will be confirmed at the first session.
• Program cost is $200 payable in advance for 8 sessions.
• To register please contact Mike Harkness (FFSA Head Goalkeeper Coach) on email email@example.com.
STATE GOALKEEPING -> NTC PATHWAY 2017
U12 State Development (8 to 12 Goalkeepers)
The Goalkeepers are identified from open trials held in the first quarter of the year. The Goalkeepers receive one weekly Goalkeeper coaching session on a Wednesday evening and take part in the July State Talent Identification Championships (STIC) and Summer Series.
U13 Development program (4-6 Goalkeepers)
The U13 Goalkeeping Development Program Goalkeepers are selected from the previous year’s Under 12 STIC and Summer Series Programs. The Goalkeepers receive one weekly Goalkeeping session and play regular matches with the Under 13 State squad against Under 14 Junior Premier League teams. They are also part of STIC in July.
Two Goalkeepers are selected from the program to represent South Australia at the National Championships in Coffs Harbour in October.
U14 Development Program (4-6 Goalkeepers)
The U14 Goalkeeping Development program Goalkeepers get selected from the U13 Goalkeeping Development program and trials held in October/November. The Goalkeepers receive at least 1 weekly Goalkeeping session from the Head coach and will get opportunities to train alongside the NTC Goalkeepers. They play matches with the U14 State squad against U15/U16 teams from the NPL. They are also part of July STIC. Two Goalkeepers are selected from the group to represent South Australia at the National championships in Coffs Harbor in October. This is an opportunity to be identified for National representation.
NTC (National Training Centre Squad) (Four Goalkeepers)
These Goalkeepers are identified from the Goalkeeping Program and from scouting recommendations. Goalkeepers from outside the FFSA Elite Pathway may be selected after a trial period. In 2017, two NTC Goalkeepers are full time and two dual registered and continue to play for their club (16/18’s or above). In October two Goalkeepers are selected to represent South Australia at the FFA NTC challenge, held at the AIS in Canberra. This is an opportunity to be identified for National representation, selection to the AIS and A-League Youth Team opportunities.