Football Federation SA is pleased to confirm the 54 participating teams for the 2019 FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds South Australia.
The draw will take place at 11 am on Monday 18 March. You can watch the draw LIVE via the FFSA & Advertiser Sport Facebook pages.
Round 1 will involve all State League 1 Teams (12), State League 2 Teams (12) and all nominated Affiliated Association teams (19), being a total of 43 teams. One National Premier League (NPL) team will be required to be drawn out to bring the total number of teams competing in Round 1 to 44 teams. The ten (10) remaining NPL Teams will have a bye in Round 1. Please note Adelaide United is not eligible to participate in the FFA Cup Preliminary Rounds.
At the completion of Round 1, the winners of these games being 32 teams will go into Round 2 to be played on the weekend of 19-21 April (Easter Weekend).
Cup Draw Format
- Round 1 – 44 Teams to play, 10 NPL Teams to have a bye;
- Round 2 – 22 winning Teams from Round 1 plus 10 NPL Teams – Round of 32;
- Round 3 – 16 winning Teams from Round 2 – Round of 16;
- Quarter Finals – Eight (8) winning Teams from Round 3;
- Semi-Finals – Four (4) winning teams from the Quarter Finals;
- Finals –Two (2) winning teams from the Semi-Finals.