Federal Labor has promised $7.4 million to complete the State Centre for Football at the State Sports Park in Gepps Cross.
This, added to the $19 million contribution from the South Australian State Government, would complete the state-of-the-art home for our game, providing facilities for football from grassroots to the elite.
This investment would allow local community facilities to be handed back to grassroots clubs.
Fulham United will be able to relocate to Adelaide Shores to better cater for its large and growing junior numbers; Adelaide Olympic FC will be able to consolidate its operations, including relocating its juniors to the VALO Football Centre (Angle Park).
The State Centre for Football will feature:
- Main show pitch, lit to Football Federation Australia Cup broadcast standard (500 lux) with a 1,000-seat grandstand and capacity for 5,000 spectators.
- Three synthetic pitches lit to 300 lux, with 200-seat undercover grandstands and four-lane running track around one pitch for referee training and other users.
- A ‘Football Fives’ facility with ten 30m x 20m synthetic pitches, lit to 150 lux.
- A three-court indoor Futsal and multipurpose court space.
- A main building, including a multi-purpose gym, education centre, SA football museum, kitchen, amenities, administrative and staff space, boardroom and meeting rooms.